Wednesday 12 October 2011

meeting with interiors group

Yesterday we had a meeting with Matt who is one of our subject academics. He showed us some past projects which we got to look through properly in pairs, some of them were really interesting and gave me a good idea of what is expected.
I left feeling excited to get on with my research and found this lecture on TED: http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/beau_lotto_optical_illusions_show_how_we_see.html which inspired me to look at various areas of colour as well as just coloured surfaces which i had previously thought to focus on.
I also spoke to Matt about my plan to use my research in the context of an office environment, but since then have been thinking about hospitals, schools, public transport, and hotels. It's hard not to jump straight to designs, but we've been advised that this first stage really is for research so I'll try to just research with an open mind without thinking about my own designs at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment