Monday 3 October 2011

Group Project Finished

It was our group project presentation on Wednesday which went well, we each said a bit about our mood boards and then presented our final object which was a 3D model of the letters "UCA" made of card and wrapped in images from our mood boards. I think it came together quite well and from the sounds of it our group work ran a lot smoother than some other groups! We came to our decisions quickly and without arguing and the discussion was good with lots of bouncing off each other and no one trying to take over the whole group.
This was our outcome.
It goes to show how much the BA has de-sensitised me against presenting to a group of people as i found myself surprised that some people were nervous. The last 3 years have seen me  grow so much as a person, this time 4 years ago i would have been very nervous at the thought of presenting to a group of people who I had only known for a week.

In preparation for tomorrow I have been writing my proposal:

I propose to study the affect that colour and light in a person's close environment has on the human condition in terms of mood, health, productivity, imagination, and other attributes.
I would like to see how subjective (or not) these effects are, and if so propose ways in which personal space within public space (eg: each desk space within a company, train seating, hotel rooms, restaurant tables) can be personalised to optimise personal well being.
I think this will be a valuable area in which to research because it could be used in the world of design to optimise personal well being in spaces and help to promote people to their full potential in many areas.
I would like to research scientific studies as well as existing architectural examples of how light or colour have been used to affect people's moods, as well as existing examples of spaces which have been designed so as to be personalise-able.
I will document my research on my personal blog so that I can easily refer back to sources.

Tomorrow we have a discussion about our proposals so I'm looking forward to that and to hearing what other people have proposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment