Tuesday 20 September 2011

Masters Days 2 and 3

This week of the masters is inductions and a group activity to get us started.
I met all the other people from the the various MA courses yesterday and found out who i would be doing interiors with. Everyone seems really nice and interesting and I had some good chats with people and even though we are all from such different backgrounds and levels of experience we all seem to be in about the same place when it comes to thinking about the masters.
Today we had an introduction to blogging and we were encouraged to start our own blog as well as using the uni community blog for this current group project. So once i start work properly i intend to use this blog as a place to post work in progress as well as to contemplate and discuss the research i am doing.
Our task for the group project is to come up with a rebranding of the university in the group. We decided to each make a mood board and to combine them to create a logo. I'll take my camera in tomorrow and collect images for this.
It's interesting being put into groups with people from other areas of the MA because of all the different perspectives people are coming from. I found myself feeling quite shy in our group meeting firstly because I was the only interiors person (and feel a bit separate from the other courses because of that because it is much less craft based) and because i think i may be the youngest person in the whole group! everyone else seems to have worked for at least a few years between the BA and now and so i easily find myself feeling quite inexperienced and young, but i forced myself to contribute in the group discussion and felt better because of that :)
looking forward to the course a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment