Tuesday 3 July 2012

Dividing Screens

I have been thinking of ways to provide division within my space to stop distraction without causing complete separation.
I saw these perforated screens which were part of the UK Pavillion at Aichi expo in japan in 2005 (link) and I liked the use of a gradient of pattern to produce different layers of transparency.
My idea is to use strong paper screens in between the desks cut at a gradient opposite to the one above (most dense paper at the bottom, most dense holes at the top) which will allow for privacy when sitting working but will allow sight lines across the room when standing.

I would also use rotatable multi coloured tube lights to project light up onto the screen from desk level. This means that these dividing screens will be the colour of choice of the person working at each desk.

Here is a rough model I made to demonstrate the idea.

2 comments:

  1. That's such a nice idea, could use company logo imaginatively, & if stiff paper or similar, they could change seasonally.

    ReplyDelete